The Systems Administrator role will be primarily responsible for managing the firms System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment and will administer the Operating Systems Deployment (OSD) infrastructure to increase the efficiency of the laptop build process. The individual will also be heavily involved in managing and administering many aspects of Azure/Office 365. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of our standard Project Management methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits and technical strategy; research and development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
SCCM Administration and Operating System Deployment
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Configure, support, and maintain the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment which includes 4500+ devices, 1 primary site, and 30+ distribution points.
- Maintain the firm’s Operating System Deployment (OSD integrated with MDT) process including the administration of task equences and Operating System image updates.
- Develop a plan to upgrade any existing Windows 7 laptops/desktops to Windows 10
- Installation and administration of Windows security updates for workstations and servers spanning multiple domains and Azure AD
- Develop and manage deployments of OEM hardware vendor device drivers, BIOS updates, etc via SCCM
- Installation, evaluation, automation, and problem resolution of SCCM clients and release management deployments.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies as it pertains to Windows 10 deployments, software deployments, security patches, etc.
- Consult with DTS staff to determine the impact of new or revised applications on existing software.
- Develop and maintain process/procedure documents as well as documentation for troubleshooting SCCM deployment issues.
- Produce system/client metrics for analysis.
- Acts as third tier escalation point on SCCM client issues and performs research to resolve them.
- Performs or assists in testing of product updates prior to deployment into production.
- Approves the use of non-standard applications and facilitates the installation of such applications.
- Create scripts to automate common tasks and enforce procedures.
- Publish applications and manage mobile devices through Intune
Azure/Office 365 Administration
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Administration, support and implementation of O365 including SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Yammer, Teams, etc.
- Extensive automation expertise executing PowerShell in Office 365.
- Custom provisioning for SharePoint online and other features in Office 365.
- Administering licensing and compliance for Office 365.
- Manage Conditional Access/Multi-Factor Authentication Policies
- Manage Azure Information Protection Policies